Saturday, July 5, 2008

The 4th--Part II

Well our 4th went just like I posted. We did throw in a BBQ at my parents' and later spent the night outside in their yard. Matt's horse he borrowed didn't win because it broke from a walk a couple of times...it's a three year old, understandable. A LOT of horses broke lead and the actual winners were at the END of the race. They were tougher on the Tennessee Walkers this year. :) At the demolition derby, Matt and I entered the wheelbarrow race. He spun around 10 times, drove me across the arena, then I drove him back. WE WON! We got $40. Yea--it paid to get us into the derby and get us dinner. Very cool. The girls enjoyed watching the fireworks all over the valley and then the ones Grandad bought them. Toby, their dog, however didn't like them one bit. He barked at them, chased them, and even attacked one before they kenneled him up. He smelled like sulfur the rest of the night and hardly any whiskers left!

0 comments: